Sunday, October 7, 2012

A Sunset

My Man, is in the Coast Guard and has left for another patrol and will be back in December. We have 3 kiddos so far. Kai is 5, Jelly Bean is 3 and Little Man is 1..almost 2. My man leaves every few months for 2 months at a time and we are accustomed to this life. It's pretty much all we as a family have ever really known. Our life is a Big adventure. Right now the kiddos and me are on the other side of the country in Washington visiting My Man's family and are having a great time. The weather here is alot cooler here than it is at home. I didn't pack as well as I should have. I should have packed a few more sweaters and long sleeve shirts and packed every single empty spot in my suitcase with socks. It doesn't help that the socks are constantly some how disappearing...
The atmosphere here is so different than it is back home. We live in the city. It is loud. Always loud. Fire engine and police car sirens, trains, planes or the occasional gunshot or fireworks make up the noises of the night. It's always bright with the lights that every city has. Here on this little island it is quiet. So quiet. I've been here for almost a week already and I haven't heard a siren or a firework yet. All I hear is the chirping of the crickets and the hoot of the owls. As soon as the sun goes down it gets dark. All you can see when you look into the sky is millions of stars for miles and miles in every direction. It is so peaceful and quiet here.
I have watched a breath taking sunset every night so far. The sky is filled with a beautiful and vibrant array of colors and goes down behind the mountains. As soon as the sun disappears the temperature drops about 10 degrees. I am reminded of how big and mighty my God is. How much he cares for me.My man is gone. I am drawn closer to the Lord because I  have to lean on His strength and His love to keep me going through my day. I sure do miss my man already. But I know that even when my husband is absent for a couple of months, that God will never leave my side. He is with me every single day.


No comments:

Post a Comment